Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When I was in elementary school, the extent of our computer education was playing with the paint tool and a choice of two or three games to play. I remember doing about the same thing in junior high, and in high school my teacher just sat there so I spent most of my time checking email and browsing random subjects like french fries (seriously, I was bored). My students, however, even if on the elementary level, will probably have basic skills that I had to learn over junior high and high school mastered. Computers are in our lives now like paper has been for hundreds of years, so my experience and my student's with computers will be very different. I will still probably have to learn a lot. Some of them may know PowerPoint better than I do! So while we've had different experiences, I will have to overcompensate for what I may not know to meet my students with what they do.

1 comment:

jce2j said...

paint tools in elementary school!! :D (what school did you go to?) i loved playing kid pix because when you would erase something this little dude would say "oh no!" that was also when everyone started playing oregon trail but i never really played because i never got a turn with the person i was partenerd with. :(
-jenna